Please feel free to phone, message or email me:
Sally Harvey, Spring Cottage, Lower Tutwell, nr Callington, Cornwall, PL17 8LU, tel. +44 (0)1579 370955 or 07582 505 713
Spring Cottage is around 15 minutes from the main A30 at Launceston on the Cornwall/Devon border and tucked into the Tamar Valley between Dartmoor and Bodmin Moor. The Ocean City of Plymouth with its maritime tradition is around 35 minutes away and we are centrally situated between the rugged north and softer south coasts; the far west is around 90 minutes away.
Satnav to PL17 8LU (unnamed road) will bring you to the cottage but here are a few landmarks as back-up….
- From Exeter, leave the A30 at the Pennygillam slip road signed Launceston/ Bude/
- At the roundabout take the 4th exit , go under the flyover and immediately take the right lane to rejoin the A30 heading east.
- After 800m take the slip road signed Callington/Tavistock/Plymouth/A388 and turn right, crossing back over the A30
- Continue on the Callington/Plymouth road for around 9 miles to cross roads signed Duchy College and Horsebridge to the left
- Take this left turn and continue for 2 miles passing turnings for Pempwell, Luckett, Lidwell and Beals Mill, still following signs for Horsebridge
- You’ll see a turning on the left for Alston, Hampton Manor, Trax & Trails and Tutwell; take this and after 3/4 mile there’s a right hand lane signed Lower Tutwell.
- Spring Cottage is the 2nd cottage on the right, the entrance to the garden and parking is just below the garage, just a few yards down from and opposite the little red post box.
- PLEASE DO NOT TAKE THE TRACK THAT RUNS ABOVE AND TO THE RIGHT OF THE GARAGE, IT LEADS TO ANOTHER HOUSE AND TURNING IS DIFFICULT
- If you park with the car facing the trellis arch, stepping stones will
lead you over the lawn to the far end door – a low entrance so please mind your head.
The nearest railway station is at Gunnislake (15 mins) at the end of the scenic single-track Tamar Valley extension line from Plymouth/Paddington; the station is unmanned. Trains run every 1-2 hours, the journey time is approximately 45 minutes. I can collect you if necessary.
Click here for further rail information or call National Rail on 0845 748 4950.
Exeter and Newquay Airports are both just over 1 hr away; car hire available from both.
The number 12 Plymouth Citybus service runs hourly from Plymouth and stops 2 miles away in Stoke Climsland. We can provide a timetable and will collect you if necessary.